Hello Capital Area Progressive Democrats!
Please join us for our next club meeting on Tuesday, June 6 at 5:30pm. We will meet at the AFL-CIO building located at 1106 Lavaca Street. Here’s what to expect at our the next meeting:
- Kick Ass Awards on Sept. 7, 2017 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. Our annual awards ceremony will be on Sept. 7th (not Sept. 20). Please join us on Thursday, September 7, 2017 at the St. David’s Episcopal Church, 301 E. 8th Street as we honor Democratic leaders of the past, present, and future. We will discuss this event and what we need to do moving forward to make it a success. There is a lot to do and we will need volunteers. Click here for more info about the Kick Ass Awards and to purchase tickets and sponsorships.
- CAPD 100 Dictionaries Challenge for the Inside Books Project. Inside Books Project, an Austin non-profit, sends over 35,000 free books to prisoners in Texas every year. Eva Gonzales is heading up CAPD’s efforts to collect 100 dictionaries for the Inside Books Project after learning that dictionaries are the most requested book types (English, Spanish, English/Spanish). If you can donate a paperback dictionary, or any of the books of the Inside Books Project “Books most in need” list, please bring them to the meeting. Click here for more information about the Inside Books Project or contact Eva Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2017-2018 Officer Elections. In anticipation of the annual officer election on Tuesday, Nominating Co-Chairs Gerard Washington and Ken Craig report the following recommended nominees for the 2017-2018 CAPD officers:
- Rick Cofer, Chair
- James Nortey, Vice Chair for Endorsements
- Catherine O’Neill, Vice Chair for Membership
- Edward Garris, Secretary
- Laura Kolstad, Treasurer
- Rachel Lammer, Managing Editor, Website/Newsletter
- Ken Craig, Programs Committee Chair
- Craig Moore, Communications & Public Relations Committee Chair
- Pedro Villalobos, Fundraising Committee Chair
- Sean O’Neill, Counselor
- Lorena Watson, Youth Liaison
Members are also welcome to nominate themselves or any other member from the floor at the election meeting on Tuesday.
CAPD Communications & Public Relations Chair